Advice Mid Wales

Advice Mid Wales
The Care Centre
Forge Road
SY20 8EQ

Tel: 01654 700192


  • Q. As I'm working during the week, can I see an adviser outside of drop-in hours?
  • A. Yes. Please phone or email us and an adviser will make an appointment to see you at a time convenient to both.
  • Q. I would prefer to speak to an advisor in Welsh if possible?
  • A. Wherever possible we aim to provide a fully bilingual service.
  • Q. I would like to apply for a Debt Relief Order, can you help?
  • A. Absolutely, as well as discussing the other options of help available to you.
  • Q. I have some forms that I need to fill in but I can't understand them. Can you help me?
  • A. Yes, we can indeed. We'll also explain them to you so you fully understand them.
  • Q. I have a disability and find it difficult to leave my house. Can you make home visits?
  • A. We can. We also make hospital visits when necessary.
  • Q. I would like to apply for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) but don’t know if I qualify, can you help?
  • A. Absolutely, and if you have mobility issues then please just give us a call.
  • Q. We live in a small town and I don't want everyone to know my business.
  • A. Our service is strictly confidential and our Confidentiality Statement is available to all members of the public.
  • Q. I have a problem with my neighbour and need your advice. What happens if he comes to you wanting advice as well?
  • A. We can only advise and/or represent one party in a dispute and that is the person who came to us first.
  • Q. Do I have to declare and disclose all of my financial and personal circumstances if I’m making a claim for benefits?
  • A. Our advisors are here to help you as best they can, however, failure to disclose personal and financial information to DWP and HMRC could result in prosecution under The Social Security Act 2001.


Here to Help